join The Film Collaborative team of filmmakers.
The following join levels are for Feature films only. Short films reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you would like us to consider advising you on your Short film.
| Digital Distribution Guide™
|The Film Collaborative Educational Panels & Workshops|
|Eligible to apply for Fiscal Sponsorship|
|Two (2) Hours of distribution analysis per film|
|Six (6) Hours of distribution analysis per film
(to be used during first six months of membership)
|TFC Digital Distribution Program Fee
(separate application required)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW before becoming joining TFC:
- We encourage all filmmakers to join TFC as at least a CONTRIBUTOR, but before joining as a CONSPIRATOR or COLLABORATOR, be sure TFC is an appropriate fit for your film. The best way for you to gauge this is check out some of the films we work with.
- If you would like to upgrade your membership, simply use the donate page pay the difference between membership levels.
- After completing the PayPal transaction, you will be asked to fill out a join questionnaire. CONSPIRATOR- and COLLABORATOR-level members will be asked to fill out additional information about their future goals and prior distribution and marketing endeavors, as well as to send us a copy of their film, so that we can be prepared for your conversation with us. On average, the turnaround to view and discuss your film with our team is 10 to 15 BUSINESS days after TFC receives it.
- Only one (1) film will be reviewed per fee.
- Also please note that advising sessions will only be available during regular business hours PST, on Wednesdays and Fridays, via phone, Skype, and if one is in Los Angeles, an in-person meeting can also be arranged.
- Please note, the Membership does not include any distribution or services of any kind other than informational and advising. In other words, we will not solicit buyers or festival programmers for your film and we will not handle your distribution or marketing under the TFC Membership levels.
- Topics that are covered under membership covers are: General Film Festival Strategy, Domestic & International Sales vs DIY Distribution, Social Network & Grassroots Marketing, Creative/Marketing materials and marketing strategy.