As we move into the height of the Summer Festival season, here are some developments at The Film Collaborative we'd love to share:
New Blog Post
TFC Films On The Circuit (and beyond!)
- Sheri Candler, TFC's Director of Digital Market Strategy, will be speaking and mentoring in Europe in the coming 2 weeks. This Friday, June 8, she will be addressing the General Assembly of the Federation of European Directors (FERA). On June 10, she will be in London at the Producers' Masterclass and she will be at Sheffield DocFest June 13-17 as a participant in their MeetMarket. If you are in any of these places, come say hello.
News You May Have Missed
- New theatrical distribution models are popping up all over with filmmakers trying many different ways to reach audiences in the cinema. A service that may help with that is Tugg.
- In case you missed the Cannes market for your film and are looking now to AFM, this article explains the current model for handling foreign sales
- We at TFC love a good story about filmmakers who are using all the new tools to navigate funding and distribution uniquely in service to their film. This story on Indie Game is a great one. We plan to have our own case study featuring Indie Game in the near future.
- You may have heard about the short film Caine's Arcade, which reached over 6 million views on Youtube and has raised over $200K toward a college scholarship fund for the star of the short. It also paid great benefits to the director, Nirvan Mullick, who signed with WME and now is in talks with studios, book publishers and video game companies. How did he succeed in spreading the word on his film in such a short amount of time? This video explains.